Cypher is one of the seven natural Newerthian continents.
- Amaranth City: a port city to the east of the Grand Cypher Cliff. Amaranth flowers bloom here and, as one of the Eight Cities of Neia, people keep voting it for the “Best City of Neia of the Year” award, yet it keeps losing to another continent. The mayor calls it a running gag, however.
- Fenrir Village: a village constructed by the Hero of Amaranth, and as such it is one of the Eight Heroes’ Villages. Fenrir’s shrine is said to contain the legendary mace Sharur and the legendary hammer Mjölnir. The houses are actually built inside giant trees, as the inhabitants wish to live as close to nature as possible. As such, they have no electricity or electrical appliances, nor do they know how to use these.
Cypher uses Emblem and Emblemite (plural unchanged for both) as their currency. Emblem have the current ruler’s emblem on the coin/bill, which are magically enchanted to change whenever there is a change of rulership. In addition to this, there is some or other thing on the coins/bank notes that represent the continent. Contrary to Earth’s money, “bank note” in this case means “rectangular money” and can be made of anything, even paper.
The coins and bills work as follow:
- 1 e (1 Emblemite; has an amaranth flower and is made of copper; coins)
- 2 e (2 Emblemite; has two amaranth flowers and is made of copper; coins)
- 5 e (5 Emblemite; has five amaranth flowers and is made of copper; coins)
- 10 e (10 Emblemite; has one protea flower and is made of silver; coins)
- 20 e (20 Emblemite; has two protea flowers and is made of silver; coins)
- 50 e (50 Emblemite; has five protea flowers and is made of silver; coins)
- 1 E (1 Emblem; has one cheetah and is made of gold; coins)
- 2 E (2 Emblem; has two cheetahs and is made of gold; coins)
- 5 E (5 Emblem; has five cheetahs and is made of gold; coins)
- 10 E (10 Emblem; has one pixie and is made of platinum; bank note)
- 20 E (20 Emblem; has two pixies and is made of platinum; bank note)
- 50 E (50 Emblem; has five pixies and is made of platinum; bank note)
- 100 E (100 Emblem; has one winged pig and is made of cobalt; bank note)
- 200 E (200 Emblem; has two winged pigs and is made of cobalt; bank note)
- 500 E (500 Emblem; has five winged pigs and is made of cobalt; bank note)
There is 100 Emblemite in 1 Emblem.
FLORA AND FAUNA:
Cypher is unique in that it has life that can only be found naturally on the continent. Other continents may have imported these rare lives.
Cypher-unique life includes amaranths, proteas, cheetahs, pixies and winged pigs (which give literal meaning to “when pigs fly”, basically).
(This continent was made by Dianke of the Lunar Shadow forums.)